Crippled Master

It's true, 60% of your toes are worthless relics from when your ancestors used them to clutch branches. Of course, if you're going to set about the task of breaking toes, you should probably make sure you don't break a member of the other 40%.

Kevin, the reckless fool he is, broke an important toe while tripping over a box.

Oops. Or was it?

A broken toe and hobbly disposition gave Kevin the excuse he needed to buy a cane, and decorate it with stickers.

I wonder if this wasn't an accident, but instead something he had been planning all along.